Transforming the University of Warsaw into an internationally recognised research university is one of the strategic objectives of this institution.
Therefore, on 1 February 2017 a new model of allocating subsidies from central funds was introduced. They are divided into three categories:
- SUBSIDIES FOR INCREASING THE CAPACITY TO OBTAIN PRESTIGIOUS INTERNATIONAL GRANTS
- SUBSIDIES FOR RESEARCH CONDUCTED BY UNITS OPERATING WITHIN THE UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW
- Applications for all types of subsidies will be accepted on an ongoing basis at the Office of the Vice Rector for Research, email address: email@example.com
- Information about awarded funds will be posted twice a year (in June and December) on the website of the Research Administration Office (http://bob.uw.edu.pl/).
- Funds awarded as part of designated subsidies must be accounted for (substantive settlements are to be accompanied by a list of expenditure signed by the Bursar’s plenipotentiary at the Faculty/in the Unit within 30 days of project completion).